In the past six months, the world has seen record after record be broken by renewable energy – clean power from the water, wind and sun.
- Wind power provided 22% of electricity demand in Britain last Sunday, reducing coal to 13%.
- Spain produced over 1/3 of its electricity from renewable power this July.
- 1/3 of Germany’s power in the first half of 2014 came from renewable power.
- Wind power is now the cheapest form of new electricity in Denmark.
- Denmark’s wind power output has peaked at over 100% of the country’s demand for power.
- Solar power has hit grid parity in Italy, Spain and Germany.
The world has changed. The world is changing as you read this. The world of clean, renewable energy has transformed in a matter of months and years.