The Science is in: A recent independent study by the California Council on Science and Technology (CCST) reveals the dangers of fracking and extreme oil extraction in the Golden State.
- Fracking threatens our groundwater
- Waste water from oil fields where fracking has occurred is used to irrigate crops
- Oil extraction in California has an ugly track record of leaks and spills
- In a time of record drought, fracking uses a lot of water
- Fracking is likely to cause earthquakes in California
- Fracking threatens endangered wildlife
- Around half a million people in California live within one mile of a well that has been fracked or otherwise stimulated
- Fracking uses a cocktail of highly toxic chemicals
- The EPA allows offshore fracking wells to dump toxic waste water directly into the Pacific Ocean
- What we don’t know about fracking in California is frightening
Do you like this post?